Number Plate FAQ's

Not sure on the law? We're here to clear it up for you on what number plates are legal and what number plates are illegal. If you're looking to see what documments you need to purcahse a number plate, you're in the right place! We're here to answer all things number plate related.

We ship to any part of the England mainland, Ireland and Scottland. Please contact us for registration plates outside of the UK.

Your registration plates will be produced within 24 hours and posted within 48 hours. Next day delivery is available for orders made before 11AM.

Number Plates FAQ's

No; We advise you not to use tinted registrations on the road. This does not meet the British Standards and you may receive a fine or points on your licence. We advise you to use these tinted 'show plates' in your own garage, car shows or private land.

Yes; Our standard & Short 4D & 3D Gel reg plates are completely road legal unless specified. Click here to find the Governments guidelines to 3D & 4D plates.

Tinted & Custom Spaced registration plates are NOT road legal and are advised not to be placed on the vehicle when in use on the road.

Standard UK number plates have a dimension of 520mm length by 111mm height.

Yes; We are able to space your plates however you like but if your spacing does not meet the British Standard then this will be classed as a 'show plate' and we do not recommend this to be used on the road. We advise you to use these spaced 'show plates' in your own garage, car shows or private land.

Document FAQ's

You can use any of the following documents to confirm your name & address;

- Driving Licence (Photo-card and/or paper counter part)

-National Identity Card

-Utility Bill, Council Tax Bill or Telephone Bill

-Bank or Building Society Statement

You can use any of the following documents as proof of entitlement;

- Vehicle Registration Certificate (V5C or V5CIN)

-Retention Document (V778)

-Renewal Reminder for TAX or SORN (V11 or V11NI)

-New Keeper Slip (V5C/2 or V5C/2NI)

-A letter of authentication from a fleet operation (This includes lease and hire companies) quoting the original document reference number from the registration certificate.

- Electronic number plate authorisation certificate (eV948)

On the registration plate you are purchasing you must send the original documents to us. We will email you instructions after purchase on how to send the original documents to ourselves and these documents will be returned to you with your order in a signed for, tracked parcel. The forms of ID we recommend are a Utility Bill and either the V5 document or V11.